Individual tour program “Charming Tuscany: Montalcino, Florence, Siena”
8 days / 7 nights
Florence – Castello Banfi – Montalchino – Siena – St. Antimo Abbey
Day 1. Florence.
Arrival in Florence, transfer to the hotel. Night at the hotel.
Day 2. Florence.
Breakfast at the hotel. Individual sightseeing tour around the historical center of Florence during which you will see Piazza della Signoria and Palazzo Vecchio (Old Palace), the Cathedral square and the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Basilica di Santa Croce with the tombs of the well-known Florentines – Michelangelo and Machiavelli. Walking tour around the city and free time. Night at the hotel.
Day 3. “Banfi Castle”
Accomodation at the Castello Banfi*. Lunch time, rest. A walk around the Castle and the tasting of Brunello and the best Castello Banfi’s wines in the wine cellars. 19.30 – aperitif at the library by the fireplace. Dinner at the Castle.
Day 4. “Montalchino – the city of wine-makers”
After the breakfast on the terrace and short rest rest we go to Montalchino, the city on the hill 564 meters high above sea level, surrounded with the picturesque vineyards. In Montalchino one of the most known Italian red dry wines – ‘Brunello di Montalcino’ is made. The city has kept its medieval charm in the shady twilight of narrow streets. Lunch in Montalchino.
After the lunch we leave for one of Brunello’s best wine farms, the family estate – Fattoria dei Barbi. Here we will visit the estate museum, we will taste Brunello and other types of wine. We will taste local homemade cuisine at the estate tavern.
After return to the Castle we shall visit the museum of balsamic vinegar (Accetto Balsamico) and olive oil which are produced at the Banfi Castle. Aperitif in the rosarium of white roses.
Day 5. “Walk across Siena”
In the morning, after the breakfast, we leave for Siena – a monument of the Worldwide heritage of UNESCO. According to the Roman legend, Siena was founded by Seny and Asky — Ram’s sons and Romulus’s nephews. Twins found a cover on the Tuscan hill where the city of Seniya, which has later received the name of Siena, was built.
Here we will walk to the Campo known for the horse jumps of Palio’s Area, we will see Palazzo Pubblico and Mandzha Tower – one of the best examples of the Gothic architecture, and also the Cathedral of Siena. Lunch in Siena.
After the lunch we leave for one of Brunello’s best wine farms, the estate of Poggio Antico. Here we, will make excursion on wine cellars, we learn estate history, we will taste Brunello and other types of wine. We will also try local cuisine.
Return to the Castle. During your free time you can take a walk on bicycles to enjoy the Toscanese nature and the view of the vineyards of Banfi.
Day 6. “Culinary courses and St. Antimo Abbey”
In the morning after the breakfast and short rest we will learn to cook Italian! Culinary courses in the Castle with the chef of the restaurant of high cuisine. We will cook typical Italian and Toscanese dishes! Lunch at the Castle.
In the afternoon we go to see a unique, one of the most considerable architectural remains of the Romanic period – Saint Antimo Abbey, the remarkable example of the monastic architecture, constructed between IX and XII centuries, in the valley of the river surrounded by the olive trees. Return to the Castle. Visit to the museum of glass in the Castle. Aperitif.
Breakfast, checkout from the Castle. Transfer to the airport.
* Castello Banfi is one of the most significant wine-making farms of Tuscany, it occupies 2.830 hectares, about 850 hectares of which are vineyards. The wine-making factory is located in a small village of Poggio (Poggio alle Mura) famous for its great collection of wines, an Etruscan workshop, a tavern of local cuisine and a restaurant of high cuisine. In the Castle there is a wine and glass museum where rare objects of imperial Rome has been collected up till now.
The cost includes:
– 7 nights at the hotel on your choise, B&B, at a Superior room(rooms of the upper category on demand)
– The Russian-speaking assistant meeting you at the airport and assisting you for the whole tour period.
– Individual transfer airport-hotel-airport
– Individual excursions to Florence, Siena and Montalchino
– Individual transport for the whole tour period
– A bottle of Italian sparkling wine in the room on arrival
– Entrance tickets to the museums
– Touristic tax in Rome at all the hotels
The rates 2016 per person in a double room: 5800 Euro
Accommodation in the best hotels of Italy.